Sunday, July 4, 2010

10. Formally Yours

We took it pretty easy today due to the jet lag we're still experiencing. I woke up at 11 local time this morning to Hailey banging on my door telling me it was time to go for a run. At the locals' suggestion, we went to a lovely meadow at Christ Church Park and we saw people riding in what we would call gondolas, but were actually punts. We're looking into it. Anyway, then we ate lunch at a small cafe inside a church and I had a yummy Sicilian Salad and lemonade. Then we showered and just kind of hung around the dorms until our formal.

We all met in the courtyard and then had a small orientation. After that, we had drinks in the "Deer Quad" and then dinner in some sort of tent, which was tomato basil soup, steak and potatoes, and a delicious dessert! We all may have had too much too drink because we felt it very appropriate to discuss any and all negative feelings toward a certain law professor to our other law professor! But, it was stll super fun. After that, we went to the pub below our college and our Oxford tour guides led us in resounding renditions of the Star-Spangled Banner and the Boomer Sooner Chant. We had a really fun time and I had the Czech version of the Budweiser. Then we headed down the lane to the Purple Turtle bar where they played such classics as "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers and "Yeah" by Ursher. It was pretty amazing. Now I am back in my room and headed to bed so I can go grab my "free" breakfast that "I" already paid for(thanks Mom and Dad)!

Love! Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment