Monday, June 28, 2010

Mystery of 2010: How will i get everything in?

This is everything I have packed so far. I've been using Ziploc baggies to hold anything and everything and thanks to my days at Abercrombie, I've expertly folded everything neatly.

Yes, those are high heels on the top - we have two formal/fancy dinners we get to attend, so obviously heels were imperative. Yes, i know there are cobblestone walkways, blah blah blah... Yes, that is a Texas Rangers hat - I'm not taking a blowdryer or straightener, so let's be serious - anything that will divert attention from my hair is necessary!

You can't really tell, but there's one little square left that I can pack stuff in. Which is good, because I still have my toiletry bag and my makeup bag left to squeeze in. I know I have a lot of stuff, but I'll be there for 42 days for crying out loud!

Shoes are definitely the hardest to pack; I have a lot of outfits that require a certain pair of shoes, but I don't really wear them with a lot else... so there could be days where I have on a purple shirt, sea foam green jorts, and red flats... and you know what? I'm okay with that. I'll tell the Brits that I work for Vogue and I'm testing out colors for the new fall line... "London? Not ready..." (FRIENDS? anyone? anyone?)

I have this horrible fear that my suitcase is going to bust open in the cargo hold and when I get to the Motherland, I will only have a t-shirt and a formal dress to wear. Then what? I also fear that when I get to NYC and need to get stuff out, I'll never be able to get it to all fit back in.
I'm taking Supertote as my carry-on and she will be carrying my computer, a couple books, my passport and all my important documents, a cardigan, and maybe a pair of shoes depending on whether my suitcase zips.

Our flight from OKC - NYC leaves tomorrow morning at 845! If you're not already following me on Twitter, check it out bc it will be the easiest for me to update, but I'll try to blog when we get there!
Love Love!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great time and I wouldn't be surprised if you ran into Prince Harry and had tea with the Queen. Looking forward to The Excellent Adventure of Jessica Speegle.

    ReplyDelete