Saturday, June 26, 2010

3. Weekly Reader

These are the books I bought to take with me on Eurotrip 2010.


1. THE GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I read this book junior year in high school, a mere 6 years ago, and I really didn't like it. I've decided that since I've gotten older and (hopefully) more mature, maybe if I read it again I'll appreciate it. It's one of my friend Hailey's favorite books, so I've decided to give it another chance.
2. LITTLE BEE by Chris Cleave
The other day I was talking to one of my best friends, Jrob. She is an avid reader and we share a similar love and taste for books. She mentioned that she had just read this and I would enjoy it so I went ahead and bought it! I don't know anything about it, but I'm giving it a whirl.
3. CHELSEA CHELSEA BANG BANG by Chelsea Handler
There are few celebrities I love more than Chelsea Handler (Tina Fey and Steve Carrell for making Date Night for me and Bradley Cooper for his hottness). I love her spunky attitude, her fearless use of dirty words, and her constant judgment of others. Plus, I have actually met her!! Cori, Jrob and I traveled to Dallas one weekend in May of 2008 ( i moved about 4 final exams for this amazing opportunity) and went to a CH booksigning at a Barnes & Noble. Chelsea signed my "My Horizontal Life" with "Suck it Forward," which is my absolute favorite Chelsea-ism and then she signed "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea" as "To my BFF." We got a great picture with her and it was truly a life-changing experience! Anyway, I got this book for my Easter present from my parents and it has absolutely killed me waiting this long to read it, but I know it will make my trans-Atlantic flight so enjoyable (but i bet my LOL-ing will not make others' flights enjoyable).
4. HEART OF THE MATTER by Emily Giffin
I absolutely love love Emily Giffin's books. If your'e looking for great, girly novels that will hold your attention for hours - check her out! I have all her other books, including Something Borrowed (which is being turned into a movie!), Something Blue, Baby Proof, and Love the One Your'e With. I'm looking forward to reading this book and adding it to my collection of brightly-colored novels.
5. BEST FRIENDS FOREVER by Jennifer Weiner
Okay, I realllllly love Jennifer Weiner. I randomly picked up a Weiner book several summers ago at Hastings because it was cheap and had a pretty cover. Goodnight Nobody is definitely my favorite Weiner work, but her others are soooo good too! I'm really looking forward to reading this one! They're great coming-of-age, female-driven novels and I definitely recommend any of her books if you're looking for a great summer read!
These are just the ones I've picked up so far; if you have any suggestions leave a comment! I'm always looking for great reads!
Love Love!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you leave TUESDAY!!!! WE WILL MISS YOU!!! If you haven't read it, you should toss into your reading pile "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom.

    LOVE LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete